San Diego Gun Crimes Lawyer
Gun crime refers to a range of offenses involving firearms, including possession of illegal ammunition, unregistered firearms, and illegal firearm manufacturing. In San Diego, local and federal law enforcement agencies diligently enforce gun laws, and any violation can lead to severe consequences. These offenses can be intricate and challenging to navigate without a thorough understanding of state and federal gun laws.
Facing a gun crime accusation can significantly affect your personal life, professional status, and your freedom. The prosecution will fervently work towards a conviction. Therefore, seeking legal guidance from an experienced San Diego gun crimes attorney is crucial. At Don’t Talk Legal Center, we strive to safeguard your rights, develop a robust legal strategy, and relentlessly advocate for your best interests throughout legal proceedings.
Secure the assistance of our seasoned San Diego gun crimes lawyer by discussing your case in a free initial consultation. Call (858) 544-1386 or contact us online today. We are available 24/7.
Types of Gun Crimes
Gun offenses often lead to extensive investigations that can last for months. The government utilizes all available resources to gather sufficient evidence to secure a conviction.
Common gun crimes include, but are not limited to:
- Illegal possession of a firearm
- Possession of illegal ammunition
- Possession of unregistered firearms
- Illegal firearm manufacturing
- Acquisition of a firearm while committing a felony
- Selling firearms without a license
- Felon in possession of a firearm
- Straw purchasing of firearms
Gun Crime Penalties
Penalties for gun crimes can range from fines and probation to lengthy prison sentences. Illegal firearm possession or weapons is subject to up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. These penalties can increase based on the severity of the crime, prior convictions, and other factors.
What To Do If Accused of a Gun Crime
If you’ve been accused of a gun crime, your first step should be to contact an experienced and knowledgeable gun crimes defense attorney at Don’t Talk Legal Center. We can assess your situation and provide legal advice on how to proceed.
Steps you can take:
- Stay Calm. Facing a gun crime accusation can be intimidating, but it's important to remain calm and avoid making statements that could potentially incriminate you.
- Do Not Speak to Law Enforcement. Refrain from speaking with law enforcement officers or providing them with any information until you have spoken to a gun crimes defense lawyer.
- Collect Evidence. Gather any relevant evidence that could support your case, including documents, emails, and other records that could prove your innocence.
- Be Transparent with Your Attorney. Be honest with your lawyer about the accusation details and provide all the necessary information to build your defense.
- Avoid Discussing Your Case. Do not discuss your case with anyone except your gun crimes defense attorney. Anything you say to others could be used against you in court.
- Attend All Court Appearances. Ensure you attend all court appearances and follow your attorney's advice.
Remember, the criminal justice system is intricate, and an accusation doesn't necessarily mean a conviction. At Don’t Talk Legal Center, your future and freedom are our top priorities. Our team is here to protect your rights, provide effective legal guidance, meticulously investigate the charges, and work vigorously to build a powerful defense.
Hire a San Diego Gun Crimes Defense Lawyer You Can Trust
At Don’t Talk Legal Center, we understand the gravity of facing gun crime charges. Our skilled legal team is committed to providing aggressive legal representation. We prepare every case we handle to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients. We are well-known and respected in the legal community, with over two decades of combined experience.
Our team is devoted to providing prompt and effective service, returning all calls within 5 minutes. Available 24/7, we are always ready to respond to any questions or concerns you may have throughout your case.
Secure the assistance of a seasoned San Diego gun crimes attorney by discussing your case in a free initial consultation. Call (858) 544-1386 or contact us online today. We proudly serve all of San Diego, Riverside County, and Orange County.