San Diego DUI Attorney
DUI Defense in San Diego, Orange County & Riverside County
Being investigated or charged with a DUI can be an overwhelming experience. In such instances, it's paramount to hire a seasoned DUI defense attorney as soon as possible. At Don't Talk Legal Center, we provide comprehensive, aggressive legal representation to uphold your rights.
Founded in 2020 by Attorney Jacob Austin, Don't Talk Legal Center has rapidly gained respect within the industry. Our firm operates in San Diego and serves Riverside County and Orange County. We are committed to swift response times — all calls are returned within five minutes — which sets us apart and demonstrates our dedication to you, our client.
Contact us for a free case evaluation at (858) 544-1386. We're here to provide the aggressive legal representation you deserve.
Types of DUI Charges
You may face a DUI charge if the authorities catch you driving with a Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) above the legal limit.
The types of DUI charges you could face include:
- First-time DUI. This is typically treated as a misdemeanor unless aggravating factors are involved, like injuries or fatalities.
- Repeat DUI. The penalties worsen if you have a previous DUI conviction within ten years.
- Felony DUI. The authorities can charge you with a felony DUI if you have three prior DUI convictions within ten years, cause injury or death to someone else while driving under the influence, or have a felony DUI conviction.
- DUI causing injury. You may face this charge if you harm someone while driving under the influence, which can be a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the circumstances.
- Underage DUI. Drivers under 21 with any measurable BAC can be charged with underage drinking and driving.
- DUI with a BAC of 0.15% or higher. This high BAC level can lead to enhanced penalties.
Consequences of a DUI Conviction
The consequences of a DUI conviction can be severe, impacting various aspects of your life, including your personal, professional, and financial well-being.
Some of the potential consequences include:
- Fines and Penalties. Regardless of the severity of the offense, this can amount to several hundred or even several thousand dollars.
- Jail Time. You may face jail time based on the severity of your charges. Repeat offenders or those involved in DUIs causing injury or death are at a higher risk of incarceration.
- License Suspension. The authorities may suspend your driver’s license, impacting your ability to travel for work or personal needs.
- DUI Programs. Convicted offenders are often required to attend DUI education programs, which can be time-consuming and costly.
- Increased Insurance Rates. Your auto insurance rates may skyrocket after a DUI conviction.
- Employment Consequences. Certain professions may bar individuals with DUI convictions, and future employers may view a conviction unfavorably.
- Permanent Criminal Record. A DUI conviction can result in a permanent criminal record, which may impact future opportunities.
Our DUI Defense Process
Every DUI case is unique, and the specifics of your case will determine the appropriate defense strategy. At Don't Talk Legal Center, our primary objective is to dismiss your case or reduce charges. We understand the local legal landscape and can navigate it effectively to advocate for your best interests.
Upon engaging our services, you can expect the following steps:
- Free case evaluation. We will meet to examine the specifics of your case so we can determine the best course of action moving forward.
- Investigation. Our team reviews all evidence, including police reports, witness statements, breathalyzer readings, and other test results.
- Pretrial motions. We may file motions to suppress evidence or dismiss the case if there are grounds.
- Plea negotiations. If appropriate, we negotiate with the prosecution to reduce the charges or penalties.
- Trial. If necessary, we are prepared to present a robust defense in court, challenging the prosecution’s case and advocating for your rights.
- Sentencing. If convicted, we represent your interests at sentencing in an attempt to minimize the penalties.
Why You Need a DUI Defense Attorney
Navigating a DUI charge alone can be challenging. Legal proceedings can be intricate, confusing, and have severe consequences. Prosecutors aggressively work towards convictions, which means you need a staunch defender by your side.
A competent DUI defense attorney is critical to protecting your rights and guiding you through the legal process. Our DUI defense attorney at Don't Talk Legal Center has the skills and knowledge to provide you with high-quality legal representation.
Contact us online or at (858) 544-1386. We are here to ease stress by providing sound advice and support when facing DUI charges in San Diego and neighboring counties.